Great tools make remote work better!
When it comes to remote work, we walk the walk at Unitonomy. Our team is distributed around the globe, working in different time zones and climates. Some of our team members have been working remotely for over a decade and have their favorite tools for remote work. We understand the challenges you’re facing with your remote work because we’ve faced many of those same challenges. That’s why we’re passionate about helping you connect together better!
Unitonomy offers products to improve your remote work experience, like GetCommit and OrgVitals. We use other tools to solve other remote work challenges. Over the years, we’ve tried any number of tools, looking for solutions. We’ve found a few favorite tools we use for remote work that have made a big difference for our team and we definitely want to share those with you.
Here are our favorite tools for remote work that make remote collaboration better:
- Figma.com. We love this for real-time design collaboration.
- InVisionapp.com. We love this for design feedback and their great virtual whiteboard.
- Parabol.co. Nice system to run retrospectives.
- SwitcherStudio.com. We love this for easy, gorgeous live-streaming to Microsoft Stream, LinkedIn, or YouTube
- Touchcast.com. We love this for powerful video presentations (live or async) but note their tools like Studio, Pitch, Teamtime and Fabric are geared for enterprise.
- Whereby.com. Zoom is over because the UI has become a mess and there are serious concerns about privacy.
This is a constantly evolving list, so check back in periodically for updates as we find and fall in love with additional tools!
For further reading, we suggest our guide about “How to Improve Remote Work Collaboration” and “Work Rituals for Remote Work” and this external resourse that has perhaps the deepest list on the internet of tools for distributed teams.